Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone/smartphone, there sure are a multitude of options when it comes to classroom technology. You may be stuck with one or the other, but if you have a choice, what option will be the best for your students?
The handy infographic below takes a look at why tablets are a game changer for education. So whether you’re in the process of selecting (or at least lobbying the administration for) your classroom technology or if you just don’t get what all the hype is about, keep reading to learn more!
Why Tablets Are Great For Classrooms
- It only took three years for tablets to drive more traffic than smartphones
- Users view 70% more pages on a tablet than on a smartphone
- 75% of reading sessions occurred on tablets, vs 23% on smartphones
- 81% of teachers think that tablets can help enrich learning
- 86% of students think that tablets can help them study more efficiently
- 87% of teachers say that using tablets improves understanding of material, digital literacy, creativity, independent thinking, and motivation
- Tablets are way less expensive than many other technology options, such as desktops or laptops