The year 2013 is already here for some parts of the world. As the final post of 2012 here at Edudemic, I thought this would be a useful one. It’s a presentation made in 2006 that showcases what we think the future of edtech will look like. The slideshow was uploaded by Steve Spengler on Nov 14, 2006.
Happy New Year, by the way!
- It details how much we were spending on students in the 90s and early 00s. Pretty significant growth.
- The number of schools with web access hit 99% in 2002-03.
- The number of students per computer dropped from 6.3 to 3.1. That number is presumably much (MUCH) lower now.
- Internet2.com was viewed as a big up and coming emerging technology
- Learning applications would be huge. Note the fabulous Geocities-esque design starting on slide #12!
- Steve was spot on with identifying handheld devices, tablets, and wireless computing as something to watch for.