Crafting an Effective Writer: Tools of the Trade
Learn to become an effective builder of sentences using the basic tools of grammar, punctuation, and writing. By dedicating yourself to the craft of writing, you will learn to use the eight parts of speech and grammar to develop the four basic sentence types into a well-organized, detailed paragraph. This course is designed for anyone who wants to become a better writer. If you need to write more clearly for work, prepare for a placement test for a college, or improve your skills for current writing projects, this class will definitely be beneficial.
- Students will be able to identify and correct some sentence level grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Students will be able to develop four sentence types: simple, compound, complex and compound-complex.
- Students will be able to recognize and use all four sentence types.
- Students will be able to develop a clear topic sentence.
- Students will be able to write a well-organized, detailed paragraph.
Why would you want to take this course? There is a variety of reasons:
- As a pre-Assessment activity
- As a petition for English placement
- As a brush-up for students while in writing classes
- As a brush-up for students who don’t/can’t enroll in an English class
- As a resource for flipped/blended classrooms
- To become a better writer