Let’s face it. Busy teachers can’t monitor the edtech and overall education world 24-7. We may try … but you gotta sleep sometime. There’s just so much happening! From how a major school district just implemented a 1:1 iPad solution to a look at what the big names in education are saying … most teachers are lucky if they catch a glimpse of any of these bits of info.
Lucky for you, we’re starting up a regular ‘news digest’ on Edudemic that’s powered by Learn Egg. What is that, you may ask? It’s an education news dashboard that has a curated list of the biggest and most interesting stories happening in the world of education. You can check out the site and scan it to see if any stories interest you and then jump off to that story. I’m proud to be offering at least some help curating Learn Egg by adding a few of my favorite stories. In the meantime, I’ll do my best to try and bring Edudemic readers a sort of ‘top 10′ list of articles that I like. Feel free to add your own stories over at Learn Egg anytime and they’ll check them out!
- What Will It Take for iPads to Upend Teaching and Learning?
How does the tablet become transformative?
- Overcoming Faculty fear of EdTech
Hint: It takes a long time
- 3 things to include in your digital learning strategic plan
The shared vision educators rally around to guide effective technology implementation.
- Lots of EdTech, not many signs of success
In the last five years UK schools have spent more than £1 billion on digital technology.
- How to Jumpstart Tech Use In Low-Income Schools
“Every child deserves an amazing education no matter who they are, no matter where they come from.”
- A new antidote for snow days: ‘e-learning days’
Some schools in at least five snow-bound states — Ohio, Illinois, West Virginia, Indiana and Pennsylvania — are allowing “e-learning days.”
- Five Elements that Promote Learner Collaboration and Group Work in Online Courses
Strategies and skill development for instructors wanting to create, facilitate and encourage collaboration among students working in groups.
- Forget Coding, Let’s Change Up How We Teach Math!
The math classroom is the perfect place to introduce programming basics.
- 10 questions to ask when choosing education technology
Choosing the right EdTech is about pedagogy and creativity.
- Are Google help outs any use in education?
Will Google’s big plans amount to anything?