We now know the finalists of the sixth annual Flip Your Classroom – eInstruction Classroom Makeover Contest. The 15 finalists, selected by a judging panel of education and technology industry leaders, represent the best video entries from the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec). The finalists will be narrowed down to one grand-prize winner per grade level category (K-5, 6-8, and 9-12) based in part on votes the general public submits on the contest site, http://flipyourclassroom.
The three classroom makeover packages include cutting-edge instructional technology—comprised of eInstruction’s Insight 360, Pulse 360, Mobi, and DualBoard, as well as products from sponsors Adaptive Curriculum, Fablevision, InFocus, and Starrmatica. The new technology will transform each winning classroom into an engaging, collaborative environment, allowing instructors to adjust lessons in real time when assessment indicates students require more time with a particular topic.
“We are so impressed with the quality of all the submissions. The representation of imagination and creativity in the classroom was amazing and made it difficult for our panel of judges to narrow down to just 15 finalists,” said Shelly Bodine, Vice President of Marketing at eInstruction. “We would like to thank all of the dedicated teachers striving to make technology an integral piece of their classrooms in fun and inspiring ways. Now we ask the public to help us pick our grand-prize winners.”
The finalists of the 2012 Flip Your Classroom – eInstruction Classroom Makeover Contest are:
Kindergarten – 5th Grade:
· Ashley Collins’ class from Jefferson Elementary in Grand Island, NE
· Beth Zerkowski’s class from Annunciation Catholic School in Middleburg, FL
· Elisha Cliette’s class from Hope Valley Elementary School in Durham, NC
· Noreen Reid’s class from Coulson Tough Elementary School in The Woodlands, TX
· Tara Falasco’s class from Boyle Road Elementary School in Port Jefferson Station, NY
6th – 8th Grade:
- Jonathan Oates’s class from Weimar Hills Charter School in Auburn, CA
- Dedra Cooper’s class from Oconee County Middle School in Watkinsville, GA
- Holcombe Hurd’s class from Red Bank Middle School in Red Bank, NJ
- Courtney Reed’s class from O’Banion Middle School in Dallas, TX
- Steve Guiles’ class from Lone Hill Middle School in San Dimas, CA
9th – 12th Grade:
- Denise Montgomery’s class from Dover Bay Secondary School in Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- Heather DelleMonache’s class from E.L. Crossley Secondary School in Fonthill, ON, Canada
- Kristofer Doran’s class from Trumbull Career & Technical Center in Warren, OH
- Rebecca Rouch’s class from East Bay Senior High School in Gibsonton, FL
- William White’s class from Lake Erie Academy in Toledo, OH
The sixth annual competition was open to all students and teachers at primary and secondary schools in the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec). Between September 10 and October 26, participants were invited to submit short, creative music videos demonstrating how they would use technology to enhance their learning experience in the classroom. Videos had to be submitted by teachers and placed in the appropriate grade level categories (K-5, 6-8, and 9-12).
To vote for one grand-prize winner per grade level category and learn about the complete rules and guidelines on Flip Your Classroom – eInstruction Classroom Makeover Contest, visit http://flipyourclassroom.
Prizes will vary based on the grade level of the winning classrooms. In addition to the classroom technology, eInstruction will provide funds for a celebratory party for each of the winning schools.