So what’s all the buzz about? Are smartphones really that big a deal in education? Let’s examine the facts:
- Ownership of smartphones continues to rise at a brisk pace
- Smartphone owners download between 50 and 80 apps each
- Students studying using smartphones are three times more likely to track their progress
- Flashcards and self-quizzes are popular: more than 70% of students use this type of app
- Most students use the built-in apps a lot. The calculator, notepad, and camera all play critical roles.
A new infographic from Online Colleges spells out exactly what schools are using smartphones for, which apps are most popular, and overall statistics you may not (yet) know about. This shouldn’t take more than a minute to read through but will get you caught up to speed just in time for back to school!