The following is a sponsored post by Bitrix24, an easy way to create a social intranet for your school and work groups to collaborate on projects and tasks, get feedback, and keep up to date with communications.
The end of August marks back-to-school time, and for most teachers, that means that its time to start managing syllabi, calendars, homework and projects for each class you teach and group you advise. Add in some departmental meetings and school-wide events, and keeping track of it all can get pretty hairy.
Time Management 2.0
In this age of Education 2.0, we also have Time Management 2.0. There’s an app for everything, and tools to help you sort out your day and keep on top of your projects are no exception. Online collaboration space abounds. While these types of tools can be useful, when you work with a number of groups and have multiple classes and projects to check in on, managing these online spaces and tools can sometimes be a huge task in and of itself.
Teachers, administrators, and students are pushed for time as it is, so adding in a large number of ‘useful’ task management tools can be less than helpful sometimes. So why not use one tool instead of many?
Bitrix24 is a company that offers cloud-based online collaboration space, which can help teachers, administrators, and even students to keep all of their ducks in a row.
How Is It Useful For Teachers, Administrators, and Students?
With 12 free user accounts, each department in the school can have its own Bitrix24 space. Department members and other groups can share files and work on projects with less need for face-to-face meetings. Better still, you can do all this with the free account:
- Shared calendars can be helpful in avoiding scheduling conflicts.
- Sharing absence charts can help you cross reference with your colleagues.
- Document sharing, photos and instant messaging are a great way when you’re seeking topical and interesting material, especially if the same or similar material can be applied in multiple classes.
- Groups can be formed for individual classes or friends who help each other.
- Projects can all be easily and safely stored, and each student can make his contributions available to the others without the worry of it being erased.
- Ubiquitous comments, liking, and other social features give students a dynamic environment in which to interact and learn.
- School clubs and sports can use the platform for communications, event scheduling, a discussion room, and photo and document repository.
- The social environment and simple assignment of access rights lets everyone get involved but keeps the advisor in charge at that same time.
Having single work zone for projects, tasks, contacts, files, and correspondence means there’s no need to click back and forth between multiple tools in order to manage your work life.
With so many balls in the air, having a centralized space to keep track of everything is essential. Since Bitrix24 offers both free and paid subscription options, many types of schools and groups can have the access and features they need.
Get A Free Premium License Via Edudemic!
Bitrix24 will be giving away up to 10 premium licenses for schools, student groups or teachers who wish to include more than 12 users in a collaboration environment. These licenses are ideal for teachers who wish to form separate spaces for each of their classes. To apply, just email [email protected] with ‘education’ in the subject line.