This is part of a series of ‘Best of 2011‘ posts where we share some of the best education-related materials of the past year. Be sure to check back on a regular basis as we’ve got some pretty exciting stuff coming soon!
It’s not everyday you find the head of a school willing to share just about everything with the world. It’s even more rare to find a school administrator who wants to proactively share his or her thoughts on a regular basis. Whether it’s through Twitter, blogs, or another channel, communication from the heads of schools is becoming quite important.
In fact, many school districts are lucky enough to have a principal or leader who is on Twitter (@bhsprincipal and @gcouros are some big names that spring to mind) and actively responding to any and all questions.
But they’re not alone. There are dozens of terrific blogs run by education administrators that you should start following right now. The following list is via the Edublogs awards so be sure to head over there and vote for your favorite!
- This and That- Jon Castelhano
- TJ Houston.com- TJ Houston
- A Principal’s Reflections- Eric Sheninger
- Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org- Miguel Guhlin
- Balbriggan Educate Together- Fintan
- Burlington High School Principal’s Blog- Patrick Larkin
- Culture of Yes- Chris Kennedy
- Darcy Moore’s Blog – Darcy Moore
- Don Ledingham’s Learning Log- Don Ledingham
- Leader Talk
- Leading Successful and Dynamic Schools- Scott Taylor
- Molehills out of Mountains- Jeff Delp
- Open learning spaces- Chris Bradbeer
- Pair-a-dimes- David Truss
- Principal’s Page- Michael Smith
- Principal’s Post- Rabbi Akevy Greenblatt
- Reflections from an Elementary School Principal- Jessica Johnson
- School21C- Arnie Bieber
- The 21st Century Principal- J. Robinson
- The Principal of Change- George Couros
- The Principal’s Posts- Lyn Hilt
- The Wejr Board – Chris Wejr