If you are a Google fan(atic) then you’re going to want to check out this job. I have a friend who just started doing a similar job like this at Google and loves it. If you’re a fan of Google and find yourself helping out others with their products, this may be the perfect gig for you. Just remember, you saw it here first (Don’t forget to check out the Edudemic job board for other similarly fantastic gigs!) View the full job listing here to apply.
The Global Advertising & Product Operations (GAPO) team keeps Google growing and profitable. We are dedicated to supporting the company’s expanding base of advertisers, publishers and users in more than 40 languages on a global basis, and providing them with the highest levels of service. We are responsible for supporting customers and generating revenue from a broad range of products such as AdWords, AdSense, Gmail and Google Earth. This means that GAPO team members need to be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The role: Consumer Operations, Community Manager (Chrome OS)
The User Community Specialist is part of the Consumer Operations team. You own the relationships between a Google product and its users. You are the expert on building dynamic, high quality online and real-world communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through forums, conferences or wherever they are! You cultivate relationships with some of our most active users of products like Gmail, Chrome, Android, and Maps. You are in tune with the community climate and can influence key external stakeholders to make critical product or process changes. You are well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere.
- Represent Google by actively driving, growing and managing a Google product community, building healthy relationships with community power users and influencers, and engaging directly with users, online and offline.
- Evangelize our products and educate our users via forums, blogs, social media, events, webinars and other external communications channels.
- Use qualitative feedback to identify key trends and insights in user needs and communicate them. Champion recommendations for product or process changes.
- Lead new innovations in community programs, including process improvements, best practice sharing and measuring and driving community health metrics.
- Develop, own and execute community strategy for your product team; contribute to Google’s overall community strategy.
- BA or BS degree preferred with strong academic record; major in marketing, communications, psychology, sociology or related field. MBA a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in technology-related public relations or marketing, and/or leading an online community
- Demonstrated technical expertise and knowledge of Google technology, the Internet and social media
- Proven good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications and instructions
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with proven track record of driving results
- Demonstrated leadership and management of complex projects with multiple contributors