In honor of World Autism Awareness Day, some app developers are offering special discounts and in some cases even their apps for free, and iAutism compiled a list of all these apps (about 200!).
The folks over at iAutism created a list of these applications for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch divided into categories. Those categories are only indicative, and some apps could be included in more than one category. There are apps specifically designed for people with autism and other which are aimed to help people with special needs in general, and other that are totally generic.
See Also: 4 Incredible Apps For Children With Autism
For each category, there is an app table with the following columns:
- App logo.
- iPad version data: app name, additional editions, and prices in dollars and euros.
- iPhone / iPod touch version data. In case this app also supports the iPad, this cell and the previous one will be combined. (Keep in mind that iPhone apps can be used in an iPad using the “2x” display mode).
- Double link to the iTunes webpage and to the App Store.
- List of languages supported by the app.
- Developer’s website.
- A link to the review of the application published in iAutism, if it is already written (represented with the “TEST” logo).
- A short description of the app. This is NOT meant to be a well-thought summary but only an indication of its functionality.
Below is just a sample screenshot of the full listing. To check out all 200 apps, click here.
Note: looks like the links on the app list are affiliate links. Just FYI!